Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 1

Today we “officially” started homeschooling Teigen! I was going to give him some time off to relax and enjoy summer but he didn’t want to so we have started! Today went PERFECTLY! Emma and Tin played well while I worked with Teigen. Emma even listened to the science lesson on what is a plant. While Teigen was doing some independent work I sat with Tin and went over some letter sounds and read a book with Emma. I know every day wont go as wonderfully as today went but I think this is going to work!

One thing that I am having to do that I hadn’t anticipated is get Teigen ready for his 2nd grade math book. The curriculum his school used and the one I choose don’t line up all the way so we are going to have to learn a few new tricks before he will be ready for the math I got for him.

We had originally planned on just doing reading, science, math and History during the summer but I might add the other subjects in a few weeks. Today Teigen finished his math, science and reading in just over an hour. And he wanted more! He is  not very good at finding things to do on his own or playing by himself so I am going to think of ways to strengthen those areas because Homeschoolers need the ability to find things to do with their time with out step by step instructions for every moment of their day.

I love being a mama! 

No comments: