Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 3 end of first week!

DSCF6955

For science we are studying plants today we learned about simple and complex leaves. We went on a leaf hunt and used this site to label them! http://forestry.about.com/od/treeidentification/tp/tree_key_id_start.htm

We had to do some guessing but I think it was great for a second grader! Here are two of the laminated leaf pages.

DSCF6957

While day one was perfect day two was exactly the opposite Teigen didn’t want to do any of the work and Emma and Tintin were SUPER fussy. Luckily today went better!

I found a great math games site for Teigen to play during rest time, that way he can do what he wants most, play the computer, and sharpen his math skills! http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/math.htm

Next week we will add History! I LOVE history we are going to start with the creation we are using Mystery of History curriculum… I’ll let you know how I feel about it in a few months.

Emma and Tintin (even Teigen) have been enjoying starfall.com Tristan will sit and play starfall counting and doing letter sounds but if I try to get him to play a number game with me he is only intrested for a few minutes. I don’t let them on the computer that often but I am really glad I decided to pay for full membership to get the whole site!

No comments: