Monday, June 24, 2013

We Love History!

We have been studying the times of the tower of babel and the Sumerians. In the book of Mormon it shares a little more information about what happened at the Tower of Babel so we took some time today to add Jared and his brother to our time line!

I found this awesome Pop-up book about the brother of Jared on http://kristalcoles.com/2008/11/29/pop-up-book-tutorial-the-brother-of-jared/2013-06-24_12-09-04_139

2013-06-24_12-09-15_268

2013-06-24_12-09-21_353

2013-06-24_12-09-27_848

We made our own pictures but used her poem and lay out. (sorry the picture are so bad I have a pretty limited time during nap that I can blog so I decided not to retake the pictures.)

Every day when we finish History Teigen says “Were done… I want to do more!” He has asked that we do History every day instead of three times a week.  The other day after talking about the city-states the Sumerians had Teigen set to work in the front yard making a city state for the ants. He had poor one room houses and big rich houses. He showed me how the grass was the surrounding farms! 2013-06-19_18-19-58_5132013-06-19_18-29-46_6162013-06-19_18-29-59_5232013-06-19_18-29-50_928

We have enjoyed studying plants over the last few weeks! Teigen wanted to do an experiment so we found a plant experiment that was fun for all of us. we bought some white carnations and Daisies and put them in different colored water. our results were a little different than I expected them to be which is always fun to be surprised! 

2013-06-11_10-58-22_741Emma wanted to help so she dipped that poor flower in and out of water a ba-zillion times. 2013-06-11_10-51-37_700Above is the before picture we did yellow, blue, green, red, and purple.

2013-06-17_09-19-55_619This one had the best turn out! IT was a carnation in the yellow.

2013-06-17_09-20-30_4872013-06-17_09-20-14_424This one we tried to do blue and red but as you can see in the picture, only the blue worked.

 

2013-06-17_09-21-00_991

This was the only daisy to change colors and it took on a slightly green tone after days in the green water. the rest of the Daisies just stayed white.

We love Homeschooling!

No comments: