Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A website we like

I found this website years ago when I was working with special needs students, doing one on one summer school. I love it!

http://www.handwritingworksheets.com

I decided that sending T to his room or to time out was not really the best for him because he was neglected, so being alone is not really helping. So we are having him write sentences instead. They are sentences like I can use a gentle voice and I can obey quickly.

After one and a half days his behavior is slightly improved and his handwriting is to. But if I tell him that he will have to write if he does something he doesn't do it.

We have held off on a lot of extra school stuff because of the troubles T is having. But I think we will slowly start to add extra math and reading back into the days he doesn't have kindergarten.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a great idea. Discipline is all about teaching, anyway, right? I have a friend who has her high school kids (all boys) write 500-word essays when they disobey rules. She says it's very effective. I'll have to check out that website!